Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Fabric and Frustration

You've just got to keep at it

So...its been a very busy time since I last posted on here, finding material, researching dress makers and not to mention actually looking at venues to do 'the deed' in (getting married).

I've been itching to get started at trying out the task of making these fabric flowers i talked about in the last post. Well last night I finally started. Oh my...

didn't realize it would be this difficult...

I found a tutorial on the good ol' you tube.


I really liked the look of the flowers, the shape and the petals, just the image i visioned for the look of my flowers.

Here's my first attempt...
I can hear the laughter as i type. Absolutely nothing like the tutorial flowers. It looks much easier then it is. But i said practise makes perfect. And that's what i did.
side view of first attempt

My second attempt turned out 10 times better, but still along way to go. I was much tighter with my twisting...
Really pleased with the straight on view
A lot better, but still some more practise needed.

My third attempt just went downhill from the second, enough to make you give up...
But i still carried on...
Not too bad
Just ridiculous

............................................................................................................................................

I just could not get my head around this technique, with the twisting and the triangle tips, so i looked through the Internet so try and find a simpler one. AND I DID :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53sVo-K6peg&NR=1

This was nearly almost exactly the same as the previous technique, but the way she twisted with the ribbon, not worrying about tips of triangle or anything like that, made it so much simpler, and i just kind of got it, from the get go...cue a much needed *sigh*

All Hail...the fourth attempt
This gave me hope...
Just much more neater and tighter
This makes me smile

Onto the fifth attempt, i wanted to create the depth in the flower, so i twisted higher and tighter at the bottom, and this is what i got...
Very Very Very happy with this
Not to happy with this, must...twist...higher...

Sixth Attempt...THERE IS HOPE
Exactly what i wanted
The best so far

Last attempt, before stitching it all together.
Im happy with the shape of the rose petals
Could be better, but still one of my best
A little bit loose after stictching. Need to be more careful next time
Final Finished One...YAY...im really really happy with this

So after my first few attempts, i feel i didn't do too bad, im excited about trying some more, especially bigger ones

Go big or Go Home










No comments:

Post a Comment