Friday, July 22, 2011

Engagement Part 3

Engagement ring time...

I had always said I was never interested in choosing my own engagement ring, i knew no matter what if i was going to agree to marry a man, then I'm sure the ring he would choose would be perfect.

Well, in Luke's family it is tradition to go and choose the ring together. So off we went to hunt around loads of jewellery shops to find

'the ring'

Lucky for us, it was the first ring we saw and that we both pointed out straight away, and to top it off, when i asked to look at, it fit my finger perfectly. I knew then that this was my ring, and nothing else would compare. And to top it off, it was a (white gold) diamond and sapphire ring (royal alert) however the sapphire is a much darker one, almost black, my favourite colour.



So Luke bought it there and then, we went home, had Sunday roast with my family, Luke showed my dad the ring, and asked if it was OK to ask me to marry him. Me and my Mum were in fits of giggles the whole way through and Luke looked like he was about to be sick from nerves. A story to tell the kids...

Then he shut the box and said i had to wait until he proposes properly before i see it again...a stab through the heart...

it was torture...

No comments:

Post a Comment