Friday, July 22, 2011

Party Time


Let Them Eat Cake

Do you remember me telling you about the ravens...

Well here's how i used them in our engagement party.

Invitations

It was a great excuse to get stuck into some creative drawing. I knew i wanted to incorporate Ravens into the design, and the colours red, blue and white (a common site on logos around london). I work ALOT with tracing paper, have done for years, i love pencil drawing onto it, it makes such a smooth service, which in turn makes the drawings alot smoother, especially shading...blah...blah...blah
Anyway, i got the inspiration of the bottom motif from a book i have, titled 'Late Nineteenth Century Art' (a fantastic vintage book shop find).

I love filligree, so much so, i have it tattooed up half my bottom left leg. So i created the design so fit across the bottom of the invitation.

I then drew on the ravens, my favourite bit about the

invitations and gave it a black lined border just to finish it off. Then printed out loads of these designs on tracing paper.

The bottom part i created a striped pattern using my themed colours and placed the wording onto the background and printed loads of them off, then attached the illustration to the wording and i then had my invitation.

























1 comment:

  1. Oh Kayley, please let me have one of those invites. They look fabulous. I wanna keep one as a momento.
    xx

    ReplyDelete